Dogecoin has gained so much popularity recently. The number of people investing in DogeCoin is increasing day by day. If you don’t want to buy DogeCoin, you can mine it on your PC or Laptop. The full detail on how to mine DogeCoin is given below.
First visit the site: Unmineable.com
- Search for DogeCoin on the search bar or click on the DogeCoin.
- You will see 4 options on the top of the page. Ethash (GPU) is a mining algorithm that works if you have 6 GB of Video RAM or Graphical Memory. Etchash (GPU) works if you have 3 GB of Video RAM. The one we are going to choose is RandomX (CPU). This uses the CPU of your PC/Laptop to mine the cryptocurrency. This is quite slower than the GPU mining it’s good enough.
- On the right side of the website, you can see the guides. You will see Xmrig, click it.
- Download the mining files In order to mine with your CPU you can use XMRIG, simply download it from here:https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releasesGo to Assets and download the latest version available.
Setup with config.json file
Another option for setting up xmrig is using the config.json file that comes within the same folder, open the config.json file with any text editor and edit the “pool” attribute like the following:
- Also change the URL to the one you get from the Unmineable website.
- After configuration of config.json, save the file.
- Run the start.bat file and the mining starts.
Things to take care of
- Do not use your work laptop or PC because the mining software (Xmrig) used most of your CPU performance and can damage your Pc/Laptop at any time. Don’t risk losing your important files.
- Connect you Laptop into power because it consumes a lot of energy which will be so much stress for you small battery.